CONTEST IS LIVE! ^^
Contest details are posted here and in the first post:
Henge of Denravi Community Contest!
The contest is now LIVE!
The Henge of Denravi community and HengeofDenravi.com
are teaming up to bring you a community contest to celebrate the launch of the game and introduce Henge of Denravi (HoD) players to their fellow players and community.
While the contest was initially designed for guild-less HoD players and those interested in joining the server, the contest is open to everyone, including HoD players that are already in a guild. We want to showcase the guilds on HoD and have others get to see the community forming around Henge of Denravi!
The contest will start on Sunday, September 2nd and run until Sunday, September 9th at 7:00pm PST. There are two parts to the contest that each participant must complete. The first part is a scavenger hunt, finding 'mystery words' across the websites of the guilds of HoD. The second part is a bit more dynamic, giving you three options to choose from to show off your creative side. More details about both contest parts are given below.
Once both parts are complete, you will need to create an account on HengeofDenravi.com
so that you can use our contest entry submission form
and also be contacted easily in the event you are a prize winner. Once the contest ends, prizes will be drawn. There will be a winner randomly drawn out of all the correct scavenger hunt lists submitted and a winner chosen by a panel of the HengeofDenravi.com staff out of all the user-created pieces.
The prizes are 1600 gems for each winner. Due to gems being untradeable, 1600 gems will be purchased and then sold at current market rates and that amount of ingame money will then be passed along to the winners ingame so they can either repurchase those gems or do with the ingame money as they see fit.Details:Part 1 - Scavenger Hunt
Follow the instructions for each of the numbers listed below, visiting the websites and finding the sinlge 'mystery word' for each number.
1. Four Elements [FE]
- Look at the Welcome Message on the front page. Find the fourth word of the second paragraph.
2. Department of Forest Walkers [DFW]
- Look at the 'About Department of Forest Walkers [DFW]' message at the tope of the home page. Find the ninth word of the message.
3. Honalee [Puff]
- Click on the 'Mission Statement' link in the top menu bar. Find the ninth word in the third paragraph of the Mission Statement thread.
4. Charter vanguard [CV]
- Click on 'The Guild' link in the top menu bar. Find the last name of the 'Orginal Founder of the guild in the white box at the top of the 'about us' section.
5. Villainy [Evil]
- Look at the message Mal posted on August 3, 2012 on the front page. Find the fifth word in that message.
6. Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
- Click on the 'Charter' link in the top menu bar. Scroll down to the 'About Our Guild' section of the charter. Find the fifth word in the first paragraph in this 'About Our Guild' section.
7. Harbingers of Serendipity [HOS]
- Scroll down on the homepage to find the 'Harbinger Rules' post. Find the fourth word of their Golden Rule.
8. Contemporary Heroes of Tyria [CH]
- Look at the Welcome message on the front page. Find the fourth word of the seconds paragraph in that message.
9. Duality [DLTY]
- Click on the Guild Wars 2 button on their scrolling image on the main page. Find the sixth word of the first paragraph.
10. Divintus [Div]
- Click on the 'About' link in the top me``nu bar. Find the fifth word of the first paragraph in the 'About Divintus' section.
11. The Honor Empire [THE]
- Look at the 'About Us' box on the homepage. Find the third word of the second paragraph.
12. Clarion Call [CC]
- Click on the 'about' section in the top menu to the right. Look in the 'Who Are We..' section and find the sixth word in the second paragraph.Part 2 - User-Created Content
Additionally, you need to create something as well. Choose from one of the three possible options listed below:
1. Write a story with as many of the HoD guild names (listed above in the scavenger hunt) as possible. Stories will be judged on creativity, understandable plot line, the amount of guild names used, and overall spelling/grammar (this last part will be our least emphasized criteria - we understand some may be non-native English speakers). Please submit all entries in English; entries written in New Krytan would have been amazing but, sadly, we have no time to decipher.
2. Create a picture/graphic/video using as many of the HoD guild names as possible. Some examples are (but not limited to) : collage of guild name screenshots from the HoD guilds' websites or in-game shots of their name, ASCII-like art using guild name text, or forum signature graphic with the guild names scrolling by. Pictures/graphics/videos will be judged on creativity and the amount of guild names used.
3. Take three screenshots, each one including at least one member of the HoD guilds listed above. Please have them selected so we can verify that it is the correct guild. Each screenshot should have a different HoD guild member shown (three different members of the same HoD guild is fine). Screenshots will be judged on the uniqueness and creativity of the captured scene and location. Posed/pre-arranged shots are perfectly acceptable but not required.
Afer you have chosen one of the three options and created something, you need to upload it to the internet so you can submit it in link form on the contest entry form. Pictures and screenshots can be uploaded using services like tinypic
. Videos should be uploaded to Youtube
and linked that way. Text and stories can be uploaded to places like pastebin
. So long as it's a working link to your created content, it's fine.
Lastly, go to HengeofDenravi.com and enter your submission using this form:http://www.hengeofdenravi.com/index.php?action=form;n=7